Info About Alcohol
Look at the different settings and answer yes or no to your own situation:
Click to enlarge
Diagnosis & Treatment
Addiction Counsellors in private practice who were trained by SADD, and received training in dealing with convicted drink drivers.They received the following Manual:
“The Addiction Counsellors Drink Driving Manual: An Offenders Education & Diagnostic Program.” The Manual is available from SADD for R150.
- Raella Abel 021 462 1884 / 072 025 6889 Vredehoek Cape Town
- Melanie Human 083 948 2767 Bellville Cape Town
- Irene Dugmore – 079 8955 290. Pietermaritzburg
- Buhle Nxasana – 083 303 4064. Pietermaritzburg
- Busi Shabalala – 073 272 8778. Durban
- Zukiswa Ginya – 083 334 6813. Pinetown
- Anusha Budhia – 082 7717918. Durban
- Brenda Cooper – 074 449 3741. New Germany
- Sadashini Govender – 083 795 3055. Queensburgh
“Adult Children of Alcoholics” by Judith Woititz. It can help a great deal.
Click here to view SANCA’s contact numbers
The place to visit if a loved one has a drug or alcohol dependency.
Al-Anon (For families of Alcoholics)
Cape Town: 021 592 3970
Johannesburg: 011 435 9792
Durban: 031 304 1826
For teenagers whose families have alcohol problems.
Don’t suffer alone. Join a group where others have the same experiences and problems as you. Get support and learn new coping skills, so you lead a happier and more productive life. Don’t make the same mistakes as your parents.
A centre for patients addicted to alcohol, drugs, medication (prescribed or over-the-counter) and gambling addiction.
Tel: 011 975 2951